Hello all, and happy New Year to you! I hope everyone enjoyed their new year. 2009 was a great year for me, and 2010 will be better. I always vow to make each year better. I had surgery in December-gastric bypass, and three weeks out I have lost 28 pounds! So 2010 presents a great new workload for me!
1-I finally have my Etsy shop, and I have been doing well! I have been making jewelry and bags for Renaissance/Steampunk folks, I haven’t quite acquired enough materials for pushing out corsets. But, I am working on a new bag design. One that has two or three pouches, and is heavy duty. Trust me, being a ren fair junkie, I understand the need to have durable equipment to carry lots of items in!
Now, we (meaning my husband and I) have two very exciting events coming up-besides Maryland and Pennsylvania ren faire in August. In April we are going down to Texas for the Scarborough Renaissance faire. It is RenaissanceFestival.com’s Rendezvous 2010! Woot!!! Rendezvous 2009 was held at the MDRF over Labor Day weekend, and it was a BLAST. We met so many awesome people and had a great time, so we both decided that we NEEDED to be at this one! And in May, we are going to the Steampunk World’s Fair, which will be in New Jersey. It’s a weekend full of steampunk awesomeness!
So here is my workload!
- 2 new renaissance outfits for myself and for my husband
- 1 reversible bodice (2 for the price of 1!!!) for myself. It will be in a dark red/copper tafetta outside with a black canvas inside. 1 dark red and copper paneled skirt for myself, and 1 bluish/purple tafetta skirt for myself.
- 1 chemise in probably a dark red. I already have a black chemise
- My husband needs 2 new basic cavalier/pirate shirts. 1 black, 1 white
- 2 new doublets. 1 in a bluish/purple tafetta he picked out. 1 in whatever other color he wants. The bluish/purple tafetta is going to be our matching outfits.
- 2 new pants-1 pair of black pirate pants (the loose kind) 1 pair of tights (in whatever color he wants)
Whew! That’s a lot of work! And I need to get started NOW!
Now for the steampunk fair
- 1 reversible underbust corset in a dark copper tafetta outside and mustard canvas inside for myself. It should be easy because its underbust.
- 1 overbust corset jacket in a dark copper tafetta with embroidered swirls and a bustle
- 2 pairs of kickers, 1 in black, 1 in brown for myself
- for my husband -a new ruffled jabot- and whatever he decides
So yes, I have LOTS of work to do. The troubling part is that since I am losing weight so rapidly I am somewhat scared to start on my corsets because I have no idea what size I will be. And that goes for the pants too. I suppose I can make my pant and skirt waistbands with elastic so we will see
But stay tuned for this hectic journey!